Are you thinking of utilizing Shopify for your e-commerce store? You might wonder, “Which Shopify plan is the best for my business?”
Shopify is available with a wide range of plans to suit different business needs. Every plan is available with a diverse set of features. Therefore, it becomes overwhelming to analyze which plan is best-suited for your business. Moreover, if you wish to go with the most cost-effective plan for your e-commerce business, you can decide how different transaction rates will affect your overall bottom line.
When you are considering the best Shopify pricing plan for your e-commerce business, it is crucial to evaluate extra variables and cost of the plan -including Shopify Apps, Shopify Payments, and Shopify POS or Point of Sale.
How Much is Shopify for?
Shopify extends its comprehensive range of pricing plans for different business requirements. While deciding the best plan for your business, it is recommended to start with the features list on the pricing page of the service provider.
Some of the plans you can consider for your e-commerce store are:
- Shopify Starter
It is available for $5 every month along with 5 percent and 30 cents for every transaction. Shopify Starter will not offer access to a dedicated e-commerce website. Rather, it will only offer the core sales functionality of the e-commerce service provider -like the ability to manage inventory and take payments.
Shopify Started can be an ideal choice for businesses not requiring access to a full-fledged e-commerce website but want to commence the process of selling. For instance, you can think of using Shopify Starter for creating a simple online store or selling through messaging and social apps like Messenger or Facebook Shop.
The Starter plan of the service provider allows you to share your products with the help of email, SMS, or any other mode you can come across.
- Shopify Basic
It is available for $39 per month along with 2.9 percent and 30 cents for every transaction. The Basic plan of Shopify is regarded as the entry-level offering of the platform. When you are considering the differences between the Shopify Starter and Shopify Basic plans, one of the major differences is that Shopify Basic offers access to a full-fledged e-commerce website.
If you wish to have a dedicated e-commerce website for your business, you can think of choosing between Shopify Basic and Shopify Advanced. It is important to consider the core differences in the inherent features of different plans.
- Do you require two or fewer accounts for your staff?
- Are 4-5 inventory locations sufficient for your business?
- Can you go through without revealing real calculated shipping rates during checkout?
- Can you go forward without ensuring advanced and professional reporting?
- Do you wish to sell in a single country or more?
At its standard case, you will require Shopify Basic plan to suit your preferences.
- Shopify Regular
It is available for $105 per month along with 2.6 percent and 30 cents for every transaction. Shopify (regular) pricing plan offers some additional features over the previous Shopify Basic pricing plan. Some of the questions that will help in determining whether or not Shopify (regular) is the right plan for you are:
- Do you need 3-5 staff accounts?
- Do you require around 5 inventory locations?
- Do you wish to expand your sales internationally?
- Is provision of professional reporting enough -are you able to go without advanced reporting?
- Can you advance ahead without revealing actual calculated shipping rates during checkout?
- Do you have plans of selling products at the same price when you are selling internationally?
- Shopify Advanced
The pricing plan is available for $399 per month along with 2.4 percent and 30 cents for every transaction. Some of the core differences between the regular plan of Shopify and Shopify Advanced are:
- Do you require 6-15 staff accounts?
- Do you need around 8 inventory locations?
- Do you wish to access advanced reporting features?
- Do you wish to sell products for varying prices when you are selling internationally?
- Do you wish to reveal actual calculated shipping rates during checkout?
- Shopify Plus
The pricing plan starts at $2000 for every month along with additional transaction fees. Shopify Plus serves to be the premium solution by the platform. Shopify Plus is available for more complicated, high-volume business ventures. The variable fee option of the plan will prove flexible for your requirements.
The merchants of Shopify Plus can gain access to a wide number of additional benefits -including reduced transaction fees, the capability of customizing important aspects of the website, improving the checkout experience, and the presence of a dedicated launch engineer.
When you choose Shopify Plus for your e-commerce business, some additional features provided to you are:
- Shopify Launchpad -the automation tool by Shopify for running sales and promotions.
- Shopify Flow -the back-end automation platform of Shopify -allowing you to set up as well as manage customized workflows while automating repetitive tasks.
- Shopify Plus Wholesale -allowing you to create a dedicated wholesale storefront that will serve as the extension of your existing e-commerce store. In this manner, you are capable of managing your B2C (Business to Consumer), retail, and even B2B (Business to Business) sales from a single, integrated dashboard.
- Delivery of Omnichannel e-commerce capabilities for allowing you to manage dedicated customer relationships across a wide number of touchpoints online.
- The capability of creating and optimizing multiple online stores across international borders.
Shopify Payments serves to be the dedicated platform by Shopify for ensuring proprietary payment solutions to e-commerce stores. The platform is available for minimizing the overall fees on different Shopify pricing plans. Shopify Payments is aimed at making the process of accepting credit card payments online as seamless as possible.
There are different ways of processing payments with the help of Shopify. You can either use Shopify Payments or make use of a third-party service provider. When you do not make use of Shopify Payments, you will be charged an additional transaction fee for leveraging services from a third-party provider. Some transaction fees you should know about are:
- Shopify Basic -2 percent
- Shopify (regular) -1 percent
- Shopify Advanced -0.5 percent
The pricing of Shopify Apps will depend on the apps that are used. Most Shopify apps are known to charge a smaller amount of monthly fee. The Shopify App Store remains home to over 6,000 apps that can help you in extending as well as customizing the functionality of your e-commerce website.
For instance, Automizely from Shopify Apps will allow you to choose as well as sell dropshipped items on the e-commerce store. There are several more apps on the Shopify Apps Store to help you with:
- Increasing conversions
- Improving search engine rankings
- Increasing social media sales
- Fulfilling products more efficiently
It is crucial to understand that the pricing plans of Shopify will not be covering the costs of third-party applications. How much will Shopify Apps cost? It will ultimately depend on the app you are using. Most of them charge a recurring monthly fee.
Shopify POS or Point of Sale
All Shopify pricing plans (excluding Shopify Starter) are available with comprehensive Point of Sale or POS features. However, you can think of adding Shopify POS Pro to your e-commerce store if you wish to run a physical storefront while taking payments in-person. You will be charged $89 per month for every location for using Shopify POS Pro.
It is available for $11 for every year. As you will sign up for Shopify, you will get access to the free domain. However, you should consider upgrading to a customized domain name for your e-commerce website.
With Shopify Email, you can go ahead with sending as many as 10,000 emails every month for free. Upon reaching the limit, you are expected to pay $1 for every additional 1,000 emails through the platform.
Email marketing serves to be a crucial aspect of ensuring e-commerce sales. Therefore, it is immensely useful that Shopify extends its email services. Users can think of using Shopify Email rather than any other third-party email service provider.
With Shopify Email, you can easily send around 10,000 automated or manual emails every month -completely for free. After this stage, you will have to pay $1 for every extra 1,000 emails.
You will receive 10 percent discount when you will make payments for the entire year upfront. Moreover, you will receive 20 percent discount when you are paying for two years upfront. At the same time, the delivery of annual plans will help in offering additional access to more features. You can significantly benefit from Shopify Discounts when you select the annual plan of Shopify while paying for your subscriptions biannually or annually.