Clover is one of the leading POS (Point of Sale) systems for small-scale businesses due to its immense affordability and versatility. The pricing of Clover will vary depending on the industry, services, and products chosen. Different options of the service provider are available for effectively accommodating specific needs. Let us help you get an overview of the overall Clover pricing.
What is Clover?
Clover serves to be a dedicated Point of Sale system that is adaptable to a wide range of businesses responsible for selling products or services. Along with selling the standard merchandise, Clover allows you to get access to different software and hardware for the processing of credit card transactions as well as other payments.
What is the Clover Software?
The pricing of Clover POS software solution features a wide range of plans that are best-suited to different types of businesses. The capability of Payments Plus enables users to track both customers and employees. The Register and Register Lite pricing plans of the software solution include the feature of inventory management. Clover’s Counter Service Restaurant capability features ordering for delivery for different restaurants. At the same time, the functionality of Table Service Restaurant is typically intended at indoor operations within a restaurant.
The ultimate pricing of Clover POS will eventually depend on the choice of the POS hardware, merchant service provider, and the respective software subscription. Clover POS turns out to be one of the best POS solutions out there. It is highly recommended for use by small-scale businesses.
Understanding Clover Pricing
The pricing of Clover POS software solution will vary depending on the POS software, hardware, and the capability of credit card processing. Some of the average rates for the POS solution are:
- Clover Software: Ranging between $0 per month to $94.85 per month
- Clover Hardware: Ranging between $1,349 to $1,799
- Payment processing fees of Clover: Ranging between 2.3 percent to 3.5 percent along with $0.10 for every transaction
Pricing of Clover POS for Clover Hardware
Just like with the Clover POS systems in general, the overall Clover POS pricing will ultimately depend to a certain extent on where you have purchased the Clover POS hardware and the specific parts of the hardware unit you wish to include in the existing POS setup. You are able to use Clover software only when you have access to Clover POS hardware. Therefore, it is required to buy a new POS hardware system when you might be switching from some other POS provider or you are going to use the POS system for the first time.
Some of the available hardware options with Clover POS are Clover Station Duo, Clover Station Solo, Clover Flex, and Clover Mini.
- Clover Go ($49): The Clover Go effectively pairs with your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth. The device allows you to accept chip cards, magstripe-only cards, and even contactless payments.
- Clover Flex ($499): This hardware unit is available as a hand-held device of a screen of 5 inches. The hand-held device of the POS system is capable of taking orders, capturing customer signatures, processing payments, printing receipts, and scanning bar codes.
- Clover Mini ($749): It is available as a countertop, table-sized device that is capable of processing payments, printing receipts, and scanning bar codes. The device is placed on a swivel. Therefore, it is possible for you to turn the device in front of the customers to ensure the completion of purchases successfully.
- Clover Station Solo ($1,349): This POS system by Clover combines the functionalities of a touchscreen of 14 inches along with a receipt printer, a dedicated cash drawer. The system is also available with a barcode scanner, fingerprint login unit, and a built-in camera.
- Clover Station Duo ($1,799): The unit of station Duo by Clover goes ahead with combining the features of Clover Station Solo for staff use and the functionalities of the Clover Mini to be used by the customers.
How Much Will Clover Cost?
The overall pricing of Clover will depend on the following factors:
- The monthly plan you select
- The hardware you purchase
- Payment processing fees -function of payment and sales type
The prices represent the hardware and software that are purchased directly from Clover. The hardware and software units of Clover are also sold via third parties -including stores and banks. Therefore, you might also encounter varying prices from time to time.
- Quick-service Restaurants: The features available on Clover Point of Sale system for restaurants are usually standard across multiple tiers. It is contrasting in comparison to other POS systems available out there that tend to limit the overall features on reduced price options. One of the major differences is the types and number of hardware the software of Clover is capable of running on.
All quick-service restaurant pricing plans will specify features for allowing users to:
- Come up with a dedicated restaurant floor plan
- Integrate Clover with the respective online store
- Keep the restaurant tabs open while tipping and splitting checks
- Manage employee shifts
- Access detailed reports like tax reporting, sales tracking, and so more in real time
- Execute a customer loyalty program
The starter upfront cost for Quick-Service Restaurant feature of Clover POS starts at around $799. On a monthly basis, it can cost around $44.95. There is also the presence of the Standard package with the upfront cost of $1,799 and the Advanced package with the upfront cost of $2,298.
- Full-Service Restaurants: Features available on Clover POS systems for restaurants tend to be standard across multiple tiers. Here also, the primary difference lies in the types and number of hardware chosen for the services.
A full-service restaurant pricing plan will have the following features:
- Creation of a dedicated restaurant floor plan
- Managing employee shifts
- Keeping tabs open, tipping, and split checks
- Sending remote orders directly to the restaurant’s kitchen
- Running a dedicated customer loyalty program
- Tracking tax reporting and sales in real time
- Integrating with the online store
The Starter plan for full-service restaurants by Clover start at around $1,349. The monthly cost is around $74.95. The Standard plan is for an upfront cost of $1,848. The upfront cost for the Advanced plan is $3,647.
- Retail: As you advance to the pricing tiers in the domain of retail, you will receive access to more hardware capabilities. Still, there are some major differences to consider. The Advanced and Standard plans of the offer feature a reduced payment processing rate of 2.3 percent along with 10 cents for every person in transaction in comparison to 2.6 percent along with 10 cents in case of the Starter Plan. The presence of additional software capabilities in the higher plans will feature the ability to itemize exchanges and rates while integrating a scale to the weight items.
The starter plan for the retail package by Clover starts at around $799. The monthly cost is around $14.95. The Standard plan is for $1,799 and the monthly cost of $44.95. The Advanced plan is for $2,298 along with the monthly cost of $54.90.
- Personal Services: You can think of using Clover when you are offering personal services -like the fitness studio or a hair salon. Similar to the retail plan, the Advanced and Standard plans have a reduced payment processing rate while being capable of handling some complex tasks like itemizing returns and weighing items.
The Starter plan is for $499 along with the monthly cost of $14.95. The Standard plan is for $799 along with the monthly cost of $44.95. The Advanced plan is for $1,799 along with the monthly cost of $44.95.
- Professional Services: In contrast to retailers or restaurants, providers of professional services like a designer or an architect might go ahead with regularly accepting payments through different ways -in person, on the phone, or through invoices. If you are not accepting in-person payments, the program’s Starter plan will help in saving you ample amount as it will not require any hardware specifications.
There is no upfront cost for the Starter plan. There is only a monthly cost of $14.95. The Standard plan is available for $499. The monthly cost is for around $14.95. The Advanced package is available for an upfront cost of $1,349 along with the monthly cost of $44.95.
- Home & Field Businesses: Whether you are a landscaper, an electrician, or any other type of professional who has to travel to dedicated job sites, Clover enables you to accept payments in the given domain. If you prefer sending electronic invoices, the Starter plan of the package is your best bet. The Starter plan has no upfront cost. There is the monthly fee of $14.95. The Standard plan has an upfront cost of $49 along with the monthly fee of $14.95. The Advanced plan has an upfront cost of $499 along with the monthly cost of $14.95.
Get the most out of your Clover features and functionalities through its hardware and software offerings by understanding the diverse pricing structure of the POS service provider.